Do you have any baking soda?
Unfortunately, this story is 100% true
First we took Sam to the vet, and he's still there now and is going to have surgery tomorrow- teeth pulled, and a lump on his back examined.
Joram was not feeling well (stomach) this morning, and he got worse throughout the day. He made it all day at work though, and got an appt. with his doctor at 7:45 that night. (thursday) All the while stomach is hurting more. He calls me from the doctor's office and says the dr says he has to go to emergency (University Hospital). Kate takes him there, and my good friend Jenny drives me there to meet them. He's already back there and they won't let Kate in to see him, they just outright told her no, no excuse as to why she couldn't , just no. Kate's still got her nurse uniform from St. joes on too. It's now around 9 and they let me go back as soon as I get there. He's not doing well, getting IV fluids, and they took blood but wouldn't give him anything for pain. They'd only let one person in at a time, so Kate was there mostly to handle any medical stuff. Finally sees a med student. They finally gave him something for pain around 11;30.Kate and I have figured it's prob. his appendix, he'll have to stay the night so I cab it back home to get his overnight stuff. I slip and fall running into our apt. building and, you guessed it, right shoulder!!!!!!I cab back(and get an overly friendly East Indian cab driver "you doctor?" "is your husband doctor?" "are you from India?") and then I now register for the long wait as I'm also in pain, but prob. not as bad as Joram. then we wait for the surgeon to come down. We wait, and wait.and wait. Just before 1:00 am they said he's going to surgery right then. So Kate goes home, I wait for x-rays. Surgery finished around 4ish and he's fine it was an inflamed appendix. The doctor who first saw Joram also sees me. And I hear the nurses and doctors telling the story of who I am and what happened (the falls- original babysitting and wipeout last night) I will be a source of amusement for years to come I believe. The doc tells me my AC joint is separated, but she doesn't know if that's normal, and I quote " I mean come on, what the hell do i know, I'm an emergency room doctor" I'll call the surgeon today when I get a chance.
I get home just after 4 am, and there's a knock on my door- i ask who it is, and it's a girl, so I open the door. She has a black eye and asks me if I have any baking soda she can borrow????!!!!!!! I have no idea who she is, or what it was for, but it definitely feels like friday the 13th!!!!
Bottom line is Joram is fine. We'll figure out how and which gimp will take care of each other, while looking after our gummy cat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home